#2 Fuck All

Fuck All

Chocolate Cheesecake

• Full Member III
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationSlovenia - Europe

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:52 AM

Sure, maybe coverall-wearing mechanics and uber-elite NASCAR drivers can figure out how to operate them, but they're just too damned complicated for your average joe.

Wait what?
:teehee:

If you want to make a comparison between cars and Linux, at least try to make it believable. How hard is to make a left turn? He should go with either Formula 1 or Rally.

#3 fewtristam

fewtristam

TOTES SERIOUS, MAN

• Bluecar Amiga Deathsquad
  • 4321 posts
  • Custom Title:I'm 100% serious, all the time.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

Solution: State governments should require you have insurance and be a licensed computer operator before being allowed to purchase a PC.

That's all that I got from this retarded op-ed piece.

What a 1/4" ratchet and 5/8" socket in a Snap-On Toolbox.

ALSO:

Ken Ham says:
October 24, 2011 at 1:08 am
Linux hater here. Obviously this is a parody, so there’s no need to point out this is not what haters think.

However, there is a problem: while you’re laughing at your users’ inability to use a computer, Linux (on the desktop, as that appears to be your target here) is sitting at 1% market share. In the past Linux’s market share managed to creep up to 2% during the Vista fiasco, only to drop back down again when everyone tried it and realised what a turd desktop Linux is. While you, and all the guys on Slashdot, were busy wanking over car analogies the pre-release of Windows 7 overtook Linux’s market share, this was before Windows 7 was even advertised: desktop Linux can’t even beat Microsoft on an even playing field.

I was going to point out the ways this analogy is flawed, then realised pointing out your contempt for users on the one hand yet desperation to get them using desktop Linux on the other is the best counter-argument I can think of.

KEN HAM. NEVER FORGET.

#4 Syd-O-Flamebait

Syd-O-Flamebait

Blueberry Cheesecake

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Location43 61 6c 67 61 72 79

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

Solution: State governments should require you have insurance and be a licensed computer operator before being allowed to purchase a PC.

Y'know...there's something to this...it'd solve 90% of all PEBCAK issues...
This is my signature. It contains words and punctuation. If you are still reading it, it has captured your full attention, creating a subliminal message set deep in your subconscious, which will be activated at a time of my choosing.

#5 fewtristam

fewtristam

TOTES SERIOUS, MAN

• 4321 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Y'know...there's something to this...it'd solve 90% of all PEBCAK issues...

I was being insincere and sarcastic as there are a larger-than-should-be number of Linux zealots who actually *do* think this is a good idea. You know, "in the name of FOSS".

#6 Syd-O-Flamebait

Syd-O-Flamebait

Blueberry Cheesecake

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Location43 61 6c 67 61 72 79

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

I was being insincere and sarcastic as there are a larger-than-should-be number of Linux zealots who actually *do* think this is a good idea. You know, "in the name of FOSS".

I was too. We need a "sarcasm" smiley...
This is my signature. It contains words and punctuation. If you are still reading it, it has captured your full attention, creating a subliminal message set deep in your subconscious, which will be activated at a time of my choosing.

#7 fewtristam

fewtristam

TOTES SERIOUS, MAN

• 4321 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

I was too. We need a "sarcasm" smiley...

just use :teehee:

i'll know what you mean ;)

#8 fewtshark

fewtshark

BSD zealot

• 4326 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Not sure if trolling...

:teehee:

...or just stupid.